Thursday 8 March 2012

Good Christian Bitches


Now I was rather disappointed with the GCB (Good Christian Bitches) premiere too. I had super high expectations for the following reasons:

1) Kristin Chenoweth, she is amazing. She played the original Glinda in one of the best musicals of all time Wicked. So when I saw she was part of this series I squealed and proceeded to sing “I’m going to make you Pop-u-lar” 

2) The trailer made me think of the Real Housewives series.

I have decided to give the show a second try, as sensational as the plot was it couldn’t rival the cattiness I have grown to love on the Real Housewives.

HOWEVER, it appear that many women were offend by the title Good Christian Bitches as they believe it was some type of oxymoron instead of an archetype commonly found it literature.

Christian publisher Tessie DeVore commented to Fox News "I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined," DeVore said. "A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country].". Fox News being the perfect outlet for such opinions. Which apparently many religious groups share.

As such Kraft has pulled their ads for Philadelphia Cream Cheese from this show. To be fair Kraft has released the following statement:

 “As part of a larger multi-show media buy on ABC-TV, there were some spots included in the rotation for the new "GCB" series. It's customary to advertise on premiere episodes due to their large viewership like Philadelphia Cream Cheese did this week.

The brand has decided to redirect advertising to other programs with an established audience. Although we received a few consumer complaints, this decision was not linked in any way to the content of this particular show.”

I don’t really believe them, this sounds like a wonderful spin. 

But while I am on the subject of Kraft’s advertising, please invest in new commercials for Cracker Barrel cheese! I can recite the entire commercial. “Cracker Barrel cheese, where you never stop trying to impress the girl next door”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment