Monday 6 February 2012

Adweek's Top 5 Commericals


The dust has settled and Adweek has announced their Top 5 Super Bowl commercials. Being Canadian I was forced to watch my commercials online and totally miss the Clint Eastwood Chrysler ad. However, I conceded to its rank as number 1. This commercial takes off where Eminem-Chrysler ad left off last year at this time, there is that patriotic vibe but with an additional layer of brotherhood. Americans united in a common struggle. The football metaphor of this being Halftime resonated with football fans and tapped into the pre-existing ideals of what it means to be American. (So I assume as I am neither an American nor a football fan. But Madonna killed it at Halftime!). The underlying message is clear buy American, support Americans. I think Chrysler’s demographic will especially relate to this. Plus with a voice like Clint Eastwood’s how do you go wrong? Answer: You don’t.     

No comments:

Post a Comment